Sacramento Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Sacramento medical waste disposal companies offer a secure and regulated waste disposal service for medical practices to hospitals. Regulated waste materials can include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
Local and state level laws and regulations govern the protocol in which regulated medical waste should be handled and disposed. OSHA and Sacramento mandates are in place to ensure a safe environment for patients, employees, and service workers.
Regulated medical waste can fall into six categories:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Sacramento
Medical Waste Pros Sacramento can provide you with a reputable regulated medical waste disposal service that can offer ongoing, one-time, or mailback programs in Sacramento.
Our local providers work with you to explore your needs and generate a customized quote. Here’s how the process works:
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (916) 277-9025. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Sacramento Area, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Get Your Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Sacramento Today
Avoid severe fines and damages from improper disposal of regulated medical waste by hiring a reliable professional in your area. A medical waste disposal expert can help prevent the spread of infectious diseases and stay in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
To be connected with our network of professionals and receive assistance in choosing the proper containment, pick up schedule, and disposal program for your organization, call us (916) 277-9025 or fill out the form on the right.