Medical Waste Pros is Your Dedicated Partner in Sharps Waste Management
Any type of needle, syringe, or medical object that has a sharp point or edge is something that needs to be disposed of properly. Also known as Sharps, there are dozens of businesses, medical providers, and individuals that use items that require proper Sharps Disposal. Medical Waste Pros is dedicated to providing businesses with a safe and efficient solution for the proper disposal of sharps waste.
We understand the unique challenges that businesses face in managing sharps, from medical facilities to research laboratories and beyond. Our comprehensive service ensures compliance with regulatory standards and prioritizes the well-being of your employees and the environment. We have experts in your area who can help you with proper sharps disposal. We’ll connect you with a medical waste disposal professional who can provide pickup or mail-back containers to ensure your medical waste is disposed of safely and securely.
With a commitment to professionalism and reliability, we offer a tailored sharps disposal solution that meets the specific needs of your business. Togehter, we’ll navigate the complexities of sharps waste management seamlessly, promoting a secure and responsible workplace environment for your staff and demonstrating your dedication to safety and regulatory compliance.
Our Sharps Disposal Services
Regularly Scheduled Pickups
If you have a significant amount of sharps to dispose of, our regularly scheduled service allows you to plan for ongoing pickup of medical waste. We schedule a time with your facility and will pick up and dispose of your sharps based on your schedule, no matter if it’s daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
We offer on-call service for emergencies or facilities that don’t need sharps pickup regularly (or only have a small amount that needs to be collected periodically). This service is identical to our regularly scheduled service but can be scheduled periodically whenever you need it.
A mail-back system is another safe, secure option to dispose of your medical waste properly. Each system includes all the components required to package your sharps to be disposed of at a secure facility.
If you only have a couple of containers, drop-off locations are the most convenient. Medical Waste Pros has drop-off locations all throughout the US. Use our directory to find the closest sharps disposal location near you.
Why Choose Medical Waste Pros
Get matched to a partner in 3-5 minutes. They will work with you to get a quote based on your specifications.
We have partners all over the United States.
Partnered with the Best
We have partners nationwide providing you with the best, secure options in your area.
What Are Sharps?
Generally, sharps that have been used or are intended to be used for human or animal patient care in medical, research, or industrial laboratories, including:
- Hypodermic needles
- Pasteur pipettes
- Syringes with and without needles
- Scalpel blades
- Lancets/“fingerstick” devices
- Infusion sets
- Exposed ends of dental wires
- Root canal files
- Connection needles/sets
- Razor blades
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Blood vials
- Culture dishes and slides
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice, or pierce
- Broken glass from the laboratory including slides and slide covers and more
Medical Waste Pros offers sharps disposal services from reputable local providers. From supplying containers and mail-back systems for the safe disposal and transport of sharps to regularly scheduled pickups, our professional contractors will help ensure you’re compliant with all local, state, and federal laws.
How Sharps Disposal Services Work
- Contact Medical Waste Pros at (888) 755-6370, fill out the form, or use the live chat to connect to one of our medical waste disposal experts.
- Tell us about your medical waste disposal project with details like the type of medical waste you have and how much.
- We will connect you to safe and reliable medical waste disposal companies in your area equipped to handle your specific needs. They will send you free quotes on your project.
- Choose the provider that best meets your needs and budget. You will then connect with the provider you choose and set up your disposal services, whether it’s one-time, recurring, or mail-back.
- Your service provider will come to pick up your sharps and properly dispose of them at their secure facility.
The Importance of Proper Sharps Disposal
Prevent Accidental Injuries
Proper disposal of sharps, such as needles, syringes, and lancets, significantly reduces the risk of accidental needlestick injuries. This is crucial for the safety of healthcare workers, waste management personnel, and the general public who may come into contact with improperly discarded sharps.
Protect the Environment
Sharps contain materials that can be harmful to the environment if not disposed of properly. Proper sharps disposal helps prevent contamination of soil, water, and ecosystems, preserving environmental health.
Compliance With State and Federal Regulations
Many regions have strict regulations governing the disposal of medical waste, including sharps. Proper disposal ensures compliance with these regulations, helping businesses, healthcare facilities, and individuals avoid legal consequences and penalties.
Prevent Disease Transmission
Sharps that have been used in medical procedures may carry infectious agents. Proper disposal minimizes the risk of disease transmission, protecting individuals from potential infections such as HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Sharps Disposal FAQs
How do I dispose of sharps?
- Once used, any Sharps should be placed in a Sharps disposal container. These containers are leak-proof and made of a puncture-resistant plastic and puncture-resistant lid that can be handled without concern or risk of exposure. If an FDA-cleared container is not available a heavy-duty plastic household container, such as a laundry detergent container can be used as an alternative.
- Be sure to never place any loose sharps in any trashcan or recycling bin- and never flush Sharps down the toilet. If you do, you’re putting janitors, housekeepers, children, and other sanitation workers in harm’s way.
- Even if it’s just for your pet, the guidelines are the same- be sure to use the same sharps guidelines to safeguard anyone who could be exposed to Sharps waste.
What goes in a sharps container?
Where can I get a sharps container?
Sharps containers are available through pharmacies, medical supply companies, healthcare providers, and online. Learn more about sharps containers here.
How does a sharps mail-back program work?
Once you purchase your mail-back kit online, the kit will be sent to you with all the supplies you need. Follow the instructions that it comes with when your container is full and your sharps will be shipped to a secure facility to be properly disposed of.
What other types of medical waste do you handle?
How much does a medical waste disposal service cost?
The price of your medical waste disposal service will depend on the method you choose, the type of waste you have, the amount of waste you have, and other factors. When you contact us with the details of your project, our service providers will send you accurate price quotes for your specific needs.
Does Medical Waste Pros use safe medical waste disposal methods?
Yes, all of our service providers follow all state and federal regulations when it comes to disposing of medical waste. They use methods such as autoclaving, chemical treatments, and EPA-approved incineration.
Can I just throw my medical waste away?
No, you can’t throw away medical waste. There are state and federal laws, including OSHA, FDA, DOT, and the EPA, that regulate how to dispose of medical waste. These regulations were put in place for your safety, in terms of the environment and health effects of improper disposal.