Convenient Sharps Drop-Off Services
Sharps should never be thrown into the trash, placed in recycling bins, or flushed down the toilet. Instead, sharps should be immediately placed in an FDA-approved sharps container after use. Our sharps services are a convenient way to get rid of your sharps safely and securely. Safe collection and disposal reduces the spread of disease and prevents injuries while keeping you in compliance with federal waste laws and OSHA regulations.
Our sharps drop-off locations are designed to provide a convenient and secure solution for the responsible disposal of sharps waste. Our commitment to community well-being and environmental stewardship drives this service, offering individuals a hassle-free way to dispose of used needles, syringes, and other sharps.
With strategically located drop-off points, we aim to make the process simple and accessible, ensuring that community members can contribute to a safer and cleaner environment. Join us in promoting public safety by utilizing our Drop-off Sharps Services, where proper disposal meets convenience, and every sharp finds its way to a secure and environmentally friendly destination.
All of Our Sharps Disposal Services
If you are a small business or resident that has a small amount of sharps to dispose of, a drop-off location is an east alternative. Find a safe and easy sharps drop-off location near you using our directory.
Regularly Scheduled Pickups
If you have a significant amount of sharps to dispose of, our regularly scheduled service allows you to plan for ongoing pickup of medical waste. We schedule a time with your facility and will pick up and dispose of your sharps based on your schedule, no matter if it’s daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly.
We offer on-call service for emergencies or facilities that don’t need sharps pickups regularly (or only have a small amount that needs to be collected periodically). This service is identical to our regularly scheduled service but can be scheduled periodically whenever you need it.
A mail-back system is another safe, secure option to dispose of your sharps properly. Each system includes all the components required to package your sharps to be disposed of at a secure facility.
Why Choose Medical Waste Pros
Get matched to a partner in 3-5 minutes. They will work with you to get a quote based on your specifications.
We have partners all over the United States.
Partnered with the Best
We have partners nationwide providing you with the best, secure options in your area.
What Do Sharps Drop-Off Locations Accept?
Generally, Sharps that have been used or are intended to be used for human or animal patient care in medical, research, or industrial laboratories, including:
- Hypodermic needles
- Pasteur pipettes
- Syringes with and without needles
- Scalpel blades
- Lancets/“fingerstick” devices
- Infusion sets
- Exposed ends of dental wires
- Root canal files
- Connection needles/sets
- Razor blades
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Blood vials
- Culture dishes and slides
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice, or pierce
- Broken glass from the laboratory including slides and slide covers and more
From supplying containers and mail-back systems for the safe disposal and transport of sharps to regularly scheduled pickups, our professional contractors will help ensure you’re compliant with all local, state, and federal laws.
How a Sharps Drop-Off Location Works
- Find a sharps drop-off location closest to your location.
- Ensure your sharps are in an FDA-approved container and take them to the location of your choice.
- Some drop-off locations are free and some will charge a fee depending on the size of your containers and how many you have.
- Once paid, if needed, just drop your containers in the bin and the process is complete.
Benefits of a Sharps Drop-Off Location
Proper disposal of sharps at designated drop-off locations enhances community safety by minimizing the risk of needlestick injuries. This protects residents, waste management personnel, and the general public from accidental exposure to used needles. Drop-off locations also minimize public health risks associated with the potential transmission of infectious diseases.
Prevention of Environmental Contamination
Sharps, if improperly disposed of in regular trash or recycling bins, can pose environmental risks. Utilizing drop-off locations ensures that sharps are contained and disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner, preventing contamination of soil, water, and ecosystems.
Residents using sharps drop-off services adhere to local regulations and guidelines governing the disposal of sharps. Compliance with these regulations helps prevent legal consequences and ensures that residents are contributing to a safe and law-abiding community.
Convenience and Accessibility
Sharps drop-off locations offer residents a convenient and accessible way to dispose of used needles and syringes. This accessibility encourages more individuals to participate in safe disposal practices, contributing to a cleaner and safer community.
See What Our Customers Are Saying
Sharps Drop-Off FAQs
How do I dispose of sharps?
- Once used, any Sharps should be placed in a Sharps disposal container. These containers are leak-proof and made of a puncture-resistant plastic and puncture-resistant lid that can be handled without concern or risk of exposure. If an FDA-cleared container is not available a heavy-duty plastic household container, such as a laundry detergent container can be used as an alternative.
- Be sure to never place any loose Sharps in any trashcan or recycling bin- and never flush Sharps down the toilet. If you do, you’re putting janitors, housekeepers, children, and other sanitation workers in harm’s way.
- Even if it’s just for your pet, the guidelines are the same- be sure to use the same Sharps guidelines to safeguard anyone who could be exposed to Sharps waste.
What goes in a sharps container?
Using an FDA-approved container, you can dispose of:
- Needles and syringes
- Lancets and blood testing supplies
- Infusing sets and auto-injectors
- Scalpels and razor blades
- Broken glass and other sharp objects
Where can I get a sharps container?
Sharps containers are available through pharmacies, medical supply companies, healthcare providers, and online. Learn more about sharps containers here.
How much does a sharps drop-off location cost?
The price of your sharps drop-off will depend on your location, the size of your containers, how many you have, and other factors. You can find the pricing listing in the location details when you search for a drop-off location.
What other types of medical waste do you handle?
Does Medical Waste Pros use safe medical waste disposal methods?
Yes, all of our service providers follow all state and federal regulations when it comes to disposing of medical waste. They use methods such as autoclaving, chemical treatments, and EPA-approved incineration.
Can I just throw my medical waste away?
No, you can’t throw away medical waste. There are state and federal laws, including OSHA, FDA, DOT, and the EPA, that regulate how to dispose of medical waste. These regulations were put in place for your safety, in terms of the environment and health effects of improper disposal.