Houston Medical Waste Disposal Services
Houston based medical waste disposal companies offer safe disposal for hospitals, dental offices, clinics, funeral homes, and more. Here are a few examples of regulated medical waste you may find around these organizations:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Surgical specimens
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Broken glass
- Staples, wires (Cardio-catheter wires), and more
Most regulated waste laws are enforced at the state and local levels, but medical waste should always be handled according to the guidelines set forth by OSHA. Following Texas laws and conforming to OSHA standards will help protect employees, patients and the general public.
When categorizing medical waste, keep these regulated waste categories in mind:
Human Blood and Blood Products – Any type of blood (including serum, plasma, and other components) and any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood, or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Contaminated Sharps – Sharps are items that can slice, prick, or pierce the skin or waste bags, and they have the potential to spread infectious agents. Medical sharps have been used in medical, research, or industrial labs on humans or animals.
Isolation Waste – This waste can be found wherever animals or humans have been isolated to prevent the spread of their disease, and includes any waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – This waste comes from animals who have been intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Pathological Waste – Human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts to be thrown out, regardless of the medical procedure that was performed.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – Also known as microbiological waste, this waste is created during clinical or research laboratory procedures that involve communicable infectious agents.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Houston
Medical Waste Pros Houston has the network capabilities to get you connected to the best local disposal companies, ensuring your waste is taken care of legally and responsibly.
When we connect you to a partner, they offer a customized quote depending on what you need. Here’s how the process works:
- Call us at (713) 965-6346 or fill out the form on the right. We will collect information on the type of service you are looking for.
- We find the closest, most qualified and capable contractors near you, send them your information, and they draft a quote for the services you require.
- You look over your quoted options and choose the one that best aligns with your needs.
Get Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Houston Today
Failing to comply with Texas and federal laws regarding infectious medical waste disposal can result in steep fines and a tarnished reputation. Keep your community safe by using a qualified medical waste disposal service provider. Our partners know how to handle all types of medical waste, and keep up to date on the ever changing medical waste disposal laws.
Get connected to our network of professionals today! Fill out the form on the right or call us at (713) 965-6346 for free quotes on services near you.