Chicago Medical Waste Disposal
Medical Waste Pros Chicago has a network of local companies that specialize in the disposal of regulated medical waste. Different types of medical waste require separate containers and different disposal techniques. Facilities from hospitals, to dental offices, to veterinary clinics, and more produce regulated medical waste. Here are some common regulated waste items:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Broken glass
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Staples, wires (Cardio-catheter wires), and more
While OSHA has developed outstanding guidelines for medical waste producers to follow when disposing of regulated medical waste, ultimately these regulations are mandated at the state level. Refer to local Illinois laws to determine the best way to dispose of your waste and keep your employees, patients, and community safe.
Separating waste types is an excellent rule of thumb. Below are the six different types of regulated medical waste:
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts and Bedding
These items are from animals that have intentionally been exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceutical testing.
Human Blood and Blood Products
Blood and blood products such as plasma and serum, plus any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood or fluids where it is difficult to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
Sharps that have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on either animals or humans are contaminated and risk exposing anyone who handles them to infectious agents if they puncture the skin.
Human anatomical wastes, tissues, body parts, or organs.
This waste comes from patients or animals that have been infected with a highly communicable disease and have been isolated to prevent the spreading of that disease.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents
This type of waste is from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents, and is sometimes referred to as microbiological waste.
Medical Waste Disposal Services in Chicago
Medical Waste Pros Chicago will connect you with a medical waste management service provider in your area who can set you up with mailback services, ongoing services, or one-time services anywhere in Cook County.
We can get you customized quotes on your disposal needs to help jumpstart your project.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right, or give us a call at (312) 324-3299. We will collect specific information on your needs and the type of service you are looking for.
- We match your needs to the service options available from local providers, and construct several quoted options.
- You receive the quotes, and choose the option that best fits your budget and service requirements.
We partner with the best, most qualified providers in the industry with years of experience. Request a free quote today.
Get Free Quotes on Medical Waste Disposal in Chicago Today
Don’t risk being fined for improper disposal of the medical waste your company produces. Medical Waste Pros Chicago will connect you with a local provider who will dispose of your waste according to all local, Illinois, and federal regulations.
Keep your employees, patients, and environment safe by using a qualified service provider. Call us at (312) 324-3299 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes on regulated medical waste disposal.