Proper Medical Waste Disposal Techniques in Kansas City
Proper Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal is a difficult task to manage when operating a business in Kansas City. With serious implications pending any medical waste that is improperly handled, you will want to make sure you are fully complying with all regulations.
Here are some rules of thumb to follow to aid in your fight to stay compliant while keeping your employees, patients, and community safe:
- Don’t move medical waste to a different location – If your facility relocates anywhere in Portland (even across the street), don’t take your medical waste with you. Schedule a pickup by a permitted medical waste hauler receives your waste for transport.
- Don’t place alcohol, aerosols, or any other chemicals into medical waste – Certain chemicals and different types of medical waste are classified as hazardous. Make sure to obtain expert guidance on disposal of any chemicals you may have collected, no matter how small the volume from a waste disposal expert in Portland.
- Don’t discard pharmaceuticals in any other type of medical waste – Pharmaceuticals should be disposed in specific, designed containers. Since many pharmaceuticals don’t degrade over time, there are specific regulations that dictate how these pharmaceuticals should be disposed of properly.
- Don’t leave any medical waste container open or a full waste container unsealed – Full waste containers can topple and spill their potentially infectious content. Be sure that all medical waste is not only disposed of, but also completely sealed to prevent exposure.
- Don’t ignore required training for handling medical waste – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires documented training on blood borne pathogens for anyone who may be at risk of exposure to disease-causing germs present in medical waste every year. Lack in training causes unnecessary exposure that could put your entire facility at risk.
Medical Waste Pros Kansas City can help you stay compliant and keep the community safe by connecting your organization with a qualified and experienced contractor to handle the disposal of your medical waste. Our contractors strive for the highest quality services by staying on top of all federal, state, and local regulations and mandates.
Find a disposal expert in Kansas City today by giving us a call at (816) 256-8008.
How Can I Dispose of Medical Waste in Kansas City?
Flushing medical waste down the toilet is an all-too-common mistake that puts the environment at risk. These infectious materials can put sewage and sanitation works, janitors, and the surrounding community in danger.
Medical Waste Pros Kansas City can help your organization stay in compliance with all regulations that are relevant in the Kansas City and surrounding regions. Here are some ways to safely dispose of medical waste:
Regularly Scheduled Medical Waste Disposal
If your business produces large amounts of medical waste on a regular basis, regularly scheduled pickups are going to be the best option. Our excellent local services will recommend the frequency of pickups, and supply you with adequate containers to store your waste between visits.
Your waste is always tracked so that you can receive a detailed manifest for tracking and an optional certificate of destruction for your records.
Mailback/Shipping and Return Kits
Our mailback system is a convenient and cost-effective option for businesses or homes who generate smaller quantities of medical waste. Our services in Kansas City will send you a kit with containing everything you need, such as a proper container for your waste, a liner bag, the shipping container, pre-paid postage, and detailed instructions.
As long as it is in a proper container, any kind of medical waste can be shipped, including sharps, soft waste, amalgam, and more. The volume of waste that your organization produces will be the determining factor in whether a mailback system is appropriate for you.
On-Call Medical Waste Management Services
Our local service providers can also handle emergency pickups and immediate medical waste cleanups and disposal. This is also a great option for locations producing a small amount of waste.
Medical waste can be stored indefinitely with the proper storage units, and can accumulate until you are ready for a medical waste management service to pick up the containers for you.
All of our systems are reliable and high-quality, so you will no longer have to worry about managing your medical waste disposal. Get free quotes today!
Get Your Free, No Hassle Quotes on Medical Waste Disposal Services in Kansas City Today
Leave your medical waste disposal up to the professionals. Medical Waste Pros Kansas City has an extensive network of experienced contractors who are willing to take on the burden of medical waste disposal for you, safely and securely. Call us today at (816) 256-8008 or fill out the form on the right to get your free, no obligation quotes in just minutes.