Kansas City Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated medical waste disposal can be handled efficiently and securely through the network of local professionals that Medical Waste Pros Kansas City has to offer. Some common medical waste materials include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
All regulated medical waste is governed at the state level and should always be handled and disposed of properly, in accordance with OSHA, Kansas City, and Missouri regulations.
There are six different types of medical waste that are defined as regulated medical waste:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Kansas City
Medical Waste Pros Kansas City connects you with high quality medical waste disposal services that include one-time, ongoing, or mailback medical waste disposal in the Kansas City area.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (816) 256-8008. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Kansas City Area, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
Avoid regulatory fines and penalties for improper disposal of regulated medical waste. Medical Waste Pros Kansas City can find a reputable service provider in your area to handle your regulated medical waste disposal needs. Call us today at (816) 256-8008 or fill out the form on the right to receive your free quotes in just minutes.