Sharps Disposal and Containers in Kansas City
Sharps are classified as items that can spread infectious agents like Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Most common medical waste sharps are any items that can prick, slice, or penetrate skin, waste bags, and other storage devices.
What Items are Classified as Sharps?
Items that are intended for use with human or animal patient care for medical, research, or industrial laboratories can be defined as sharps. Listed below are examples of items that need to be properly disposed of with a sharps container:
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Culture dishes and slides
- Hypodermic needles
- Syringes with and without needles
- Scalpel blades
- Razor blades
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice or pierce
- Broken glass from the laboratory including slides and slide covers and more
Medical Waste Pros Kansas City can find a local provider that provides supply containers and mailback systems to safely and properly dispose of sharps. Regularly scheduled pickups are also a great option to help ensure that you are compliant with local, state, and federal medical waste disposal laws. Get Free Quotes Today!
Secure, Reputable Sharps Disposal in Kansas City
Sharps containers are either reusable or for single use. Here are the differences:
- Single Use Sharps Containers – sharps containers that are designed for a single use then disposed of with medical waste inside. These types of containers are usually used for mailback programs and ongoing services
- Reusable Sharps Containers – sharps containers designed to be used multiple times after they are emptied and sterilized
Employees and patients are protected from the dangers of sharps when approved sharps containers are utilized correctly. Sharps containers are usually made from a rigid plastic and are clearly marked with an indicator line that displays when the container is full. Let Medical Waste Pros Kansas City find a local contractor to handle the process for you by filling out the form on the right.
How Our Process in Kansas City Works
Find a reputable contractor in your area to handle your medical waste disposal. Our providers offer a variety of sizes and capacities of Sharps Containers and Disposal Services. Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or give us a call at (816) 256-8008.
- Once we receive your information, we’ll provide your request to providers in Kansas City to contact you with their customized and no-obligation quotes
- Once you have gathered all appropriate quotes, you decide which service you feel best works for your home or organization
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Sharps Containers and Sharps Disposal Services Today
Medical Waste Pros Kansas City provides you with reputable providers in the Kansas City area to handle all your sharps disposal needs. Our qualified network of professionals can help you select proper containers and set up a mailback system or container pickup schedule. We have experience in every industry, including:
- Tattoo artists
- Piercing artists
- Office buildings
- Residential and more
To get started, call us at (816) 256-8008 or fill out the form on the right. You’ll receive free quotes from qualified contractors within minutes with no obligation!