San Antonio Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
In San Antonio, medical waste regulation services are an easy and secure way to transport and remove regulated waste from medical practices, clinics, hospitals, and more. Regulated waste can include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Broken glass
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and device
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
The state of Texas as well as OSHA mandate that all regulated waste be handled, stored, and disposed of properly in order to ensure the safety of patients, employees, and anyone else who may come into contact.
There are six different categories in which Regulated medical waste can fall:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in San Antonio
Medical Waste Pros San Antonio can find you a qualified Medical Waste Disposal service offering a one-time, mailback, or ongoing scheduled waste disposal service in the San Antonio area.
With customized quotes from our local providers, you’ll get the best service for your specific needs. Our process is simple:
- Give us a call at (210) 460-6609 or fill out the form on the right to be connected with a local provider for free in minutes.
- Once we receive your information, we’ll provide your request to service providers in San Antonio who will then contact you with a quote for their service. The quote is free and there is no obligation.
- Once you have been contacted with quotes from your area, you can choose the provider that you feel will best suit your project.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Now
Improper disposal of regulated medical waste can infer severe regulatory fines and impose danger to those exposed to it. Prevent the hassle and dangers of handling the regulated medical waste yourself and leave it to the professionals.
Our network of professionals can not only help you choose the proper containers, but also schedule a pickup schedule and issue the most suitable service plan for your home or business. Call today at (210) 460-6609 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes or more information of regulated medical waste disposal.