Sharps Disposal and Containers in Sacramento
Medical sharps are used for human or animal patient care for the purposes of medical research, industrial laboratories, and general medical settings. By definition, sharps are any item that can slice, prick, puncture, or penetrate the skin, cardboard boxes, or waste bags.
With used medical sharps, the potential to spread infectious and dangerous agents such as a Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), among others are a risk that shouldn’t be taken lightly. The following lists examples of common medical sharps that need to be properly disposed of in sharps designated containers:
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Hypodermic needles
- Scalpel needles
- Syringes with and without needles
- Razor blades
- Culture dishes and slides
- Broken glass from the laboratory including slides, slide covers, and more
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice, or penetrate
Medical Waste Pros Sacramento can connect your organization with a quality, local service provider that can either supply containers and mailback systems for safe disposal of sharps or scheduled pickups. As always, the services are compliant with all local, state, and federal medical waste disposal regulations. Get your free quotes today!
Secure, Reputable Sharps Disposal in Sacramento
Placing loose sharps in the trash or, even worse, flushing them down the toilet, is an all too common mistake that many don’t realize is a detriment to the community around them. The sharps are putting the risk onto janitors, housekeepers, sanitation workers, and even children of being exposed to infectious agents.
Avoid all the risk and hassle by partnering with a local medical waste disposal company and feel reassured that your medical sharps are properly and compliantly being disposed of.
Choosing the Right Sharps Disposal Container in Sacramento
Two types of sharps containers are most widely used:
- Single Use Sharps Containers – these containers are made to be used one time and disposed of with the medical waste inside; used for mailback programs or ongoing service
- Reusable Sharps Containers – these containers are emptied and sterilized before they are returned for re-use
With proper use, approved sharps disposal containers are designed to be impenetrable, usually made from a rigid and enduring plastic material. If you need Sharps containers and safe Sharps Disposal services, fill out the form on the right and let Medical Waste Pros Sacramento help find the best service for you today.
How Our Process in Sacramento Works
Medical Waste Pros San Antonio connects you with their network of local providers to find the most suitable option for your Sharps disposal or scheduled pick up needs. Here’s how it works:
- Call us at (916) 277-9025 or fill out the form on the right. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge to you within minutes of your request.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Sacramento area, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for their service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Medical Waste Pros Sacramento can help find you a local service that is ready to handle your organization’s needs. Whether a mailback program or a pickup service is more sensible, there are contractors in your area willing to do the dirty work for you.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Sharps Containers and Sharps Disposal Services in Sacramento
Medical Waste Pros Sacramento can help find a safe and reputable Sharps disposal provider for your Sharps disposal requirements. With experience in virtually every industry, they can recommend the best disposal program for your organization. Industries that we cover include:
- Tattoo artists
- Piercing artists
- Office buildings
- Residential, and more
The program best suited for your organization will depend largely on the volume and frequency of your disposal needs, and our professionals can help find the best fit for you. To get started, fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (916) 277-9025. You’ll be contacted with free, no obligation quotes within minutes!