New York Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services
Regulated waste is a type of medical waste that requires specific handling. Medical Waste Pros New York has a network of contractors who specialize in the transport and removal of regulated waste from hospitals, clinics, medical practices and more. Some common regulated waste materials include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Staples, wires (Cardio-catheter wires) and more
Laws regarding regulated medical waste are enforced at state and local levels, but all types of infectious waste should be handled, managed, and disposed of according to both OSHA and New York State mandates to ensure the safety of patients, employees, and service workers.
Regulated medical waste can be broken down into 6 main categories:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in New York
Medical Waste Pros New York can connect you with a reputable regulated waste service provider that can provide one-time, mailback, or ongoing medical waste disposal services anywhere in New York.
Our local providers offer customized quotes, so you can get a feel for what you will pay depending on the size and depth of your project. Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (917) 675-3627. Within minutes we will connect you with a local provider for free.
- Once our local contractors have information on your project, they will construct a free quote for designed for your specific job.
- You gather your quoted options and choose the service provider that best fits your project and budget needs.
Get Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in New York Today
There are severe penalties for improper disposal of regulated medical waste—both financial and human health related. To prevent the spread of infectious diseases and ensure your practice stays in compliance with all federal and New York laws, choose a medical waste disposal company that will safely and securely dispose of your waste for you.
Our network of professionals will help you choose the proper containers, the right pick-up schedule, and the best overall system for your medical waste disposal needs. Call us today at (917) 675-3627 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes and more information on how we can help keep your office clean and safe.