Medical Waste Disposal in Los Angeles
Medical Waste Pros Los Angeles has a network of companies in Southern California that provide regulated waste disposal services for medical practices, clinics, hospitals and more. Regulated medical waste needs to be handled differently than any other type of medical waste.
Virtually all regulated waste disposal requirements are mandated at the state level, and should be handled, managed, and disposed of properly based on OSHA regulations, and Ohio state mandates to help ensure the personal safety of your employees, patients, and customers.
What is Regulated Medical Waste?
There are six different categories of medical waste are usually defined as Regulated Medical Waste:
Contaminated Sharps- Sharps medical waste includes any item that can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents that can easily penetrate the skin, puncture waste bags and cardboard boxes that was used in medical, research or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Isolation waste– Isolation wastes are any type of waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. It’s usually generated by hospitalized patients or animals isolated to protect others from communicable disease.
Human blood and blood Products- Any type of blood disposal (including serum, plasma and other components) and any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
Pathological waste– Human anatomical wastes, tissues, organs, or body parts that regardless of what medical procedure was performed.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents- Also known as microbiological waste, this type of waste generally originates from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents.
Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts and bedding– From animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Regulated medical waste can be connected to lots of different items that are used every day. Some of the items that are defined as regulated waste include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
Medical Waste Pros Los Angeles can connect you with a reputable medical waste management company that provides ongoing, one-time, or mail back disposal services anywhere in California. Give us a call at (213) 785-1457 to get started today!
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Los Angeles
Our local providers customize their quote to get you into the right system for your specific needs.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (213) 785-1457. We’ll connect you with a local provider in LA at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers that service your medical waste needs, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- You gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Our network of professionals will help you select the containers, schedule, and system that works best for your organization. Get free quotes today!
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Los Angeles
There are severe regulatory fines and serious medical dangers to disposing of regulated medical waste improperly. Finding the right medical waste disposal company will help you do your part to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and keep you in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
To get free quotes on regulated medical waste disposal, fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (213) 785-1457.