Denver Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal companies across Denver focus on the disposal of regulated medical waste. This is a category of waste that encompasses quite a variety of items. Here are some of the more common articles of medical waste found in medical settings:
- Blood spill cleanup materials
- Staples and wires (cardio-catheter wires)
- Items saturated with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Needles and syringes
- Broken glass
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Surgical specimens
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Scalpel blades and lancets
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Microbiology specimens
- Used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
All types of medical waste are regulated at the local and state levels, so check in with your local authorities to understand exactly what qualifies as regulated waste in your area.
To help manage regulated waste, there are 6 categories that break down the types of waste:
Human Blood and Blood Products
Blood disposal (including plasma, serum, and other blood components) and any bodily fluids that have been (or may have been) contaminated with blood.
Waste that is (or potentially is) contaminated with a highly communicable disease, usually from patients (human or animal) who are isolated to prevent the spread of any infectious agents.
Also known as biological waste, it includes human anatomical wastes, tissues, body parts, and organs.
Culture and Stocks of Infectious Agents
Also known as microbiological waste, it includes waste generated during clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding
Waste from animals that have been intentionally exposed to pathogens during research, in vivo pharmaceuticals testing, or biologicals production.
Sharps that can puncture the skin, have been used during a medical procedure, and have the ability to spread infectious agents.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Denver
Medical Waste Pros Denver has a network of local Denver medical waste disposal companies who can help your business streamline your medical waste disposal program. We will get you quotes on any of their services, whether you need your waste picked up once, or on a regular basis.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (970) 672-0159. We will gather information based on the services your business requires.
- Our Denver contractors will write up customized quotes based on the information you provided.
- You receive several priced options and choose the one that best suits your business’ budget and service needs.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
The consequences for improper medical waste disposal can be extremely sever. Rather than risking your business’ reputation and the health and safety of your patients and employees, partner with a capable service provider with years of experience. Our partners utilize the latest technologies and the safest practices to keep your office clean and efficient.
Call us today at (970) 672-0159 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes on services from qualified regulated waste removal companies. We look forward to helping keep your workplace safe.