Dallas Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal companies in Dallas dispose of regulated medical waste for hospitals, clinics, medical practices and more. Regulated waste is a broad term that covers a variety of medical waste items, including:
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Broken glass
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Staples, wires (Cardio-catheter wires), and more
The regulations that mandate regulated waste disposal are drafted and enforced at the state and local levels, however OSHA has designed guidelines for disposal process that protect the community, and they should be emulated when possible.
When disposing of regulated waste, separate it into 6 different categories:
Isolation Waste – Any waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. This waste is found anywhere where a patient (human or animal) has been isolated to protect others from contracting their disease.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – Waste originating from research or clinical laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents. It is also called microbiological waste.
Human Blood and Blood Products – Blood (including blood byproducts such as serum and plasma), any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood, or fluids where it is difficult or impossible to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Pathological Waste – Human anatomical wastes, body parts, tissues, or organs.
Contaminated Sharps – Items that induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents and can easily penetrate skin or puncture waste bags and cardboard boxes. When these materials have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on humans or animals.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – Materials from animals who have been intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, in vivo pharmaceuticals testing, or biologicals production.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Dallas
If you are in Dallas and need ongoing, one-time, or mailback medical waste disposal services, Medical Waste Pros Dallas can help! Our local contractors offer flexible service options, and we can get you several free quotes so that you receive the best service at the right price.
Here’s how our quote system works:
- Call us at (214) 347-9380 or fill out the form on the right. We will take down information regarding the services you desire.
- We send the information you provide us to several local contractors, and they write up free quotes based on the services you need.
- You receive the quoted options and choose the one that best fits your budget and service requirements.
Get Free, No-Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Dallas
If you fail to comply with legal requirements regarding medical waste disposal you will face steep fines and a tarnished reputation. Keep you community and environment safe with help from a local waste management company. Our contractors know how to keep patients, employees, and your practice safe.
For free quotes on containers and waste disposal services in Dallas, call Medical Waste Pros Dallas at (214) 347-9380 or fill out the form on the right. In minutes you will be connected to local providers who are ready to help keep your community safe.