What Are Sharps?
Sharps are just what they sound like. They are sharp. They can cut or slice your skin. They can prick or stick you, drawing blood. A few examples are:
- Syringes with and without needles
- Scalpel blades
- Lancets or “fingerstick” devices
- Razor blades
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Blood vials
- Culture dishes and slides
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice or pierce
- Broken glass from the laboratory, including slides, slide covers
Medical sharps are hazardous. They could be fatal. Infectious agents such as Hepatitis C (HCV), Hepatitis B (HBV), or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) may contaminate any of them. If they are infected and break your skin, they will most likely infect you. Anyone who handles medical sharps takes that risk. Everyone should avoid the unnecessary handling of sharps.
Does It Matter What Kind Of Disposal Container I use?
Sharps are never meant to be flushed down a toilet, nor are they ever disposed of in regular trash cans/trash bags. Instead, they are intended to be disposed of in approved Sharps disposal containers. Those containers are made out of rigid plastic and fit in one of two categories:
- REUSABLE SHARPS CONTAINERS are designed to be emptied, sanitized, and used again for sharps collection.
- SINGLE-USE SHARPS CONTAINERS are thrown away with the sharps. These containers can be used for both mail back and ongoing services.
By placing your Sharps in safe, reinforced, authorized sharps disposal units, you keep yourself and those around you safe from the potential dangers posed by these items. You will ensure your employees and the general public are protected from the risks associated with Sharps disposal.
Secure, Reputable Sharps Disposal In Colorado Springs
Medical Waste Pros Colorado Springs will connect you with a local provider that will supply you with suitable containers for your sharps’ safe disposal and transport.
To make sure you are compliant with all local, state, and federal medical waste disposal laws, call us at (720) 398-6266 or fill out the form to get a free quote today! Your provider will then begin a scheduled pick-up system if you need regular service, or they will be on-call, waiting when you need them.
Sharps disposal is generally regulated at the county and local levels to keep employees and patients safe from harm. Ensure you know the regulations regarding your state – it may dictate what objects you can (and can’t) use for Sharps disposal.
How Our Process Works In Colorado Springs:
If you need medical waste disposal, we’ll connect you with a provider quickly and easily. Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form or call us at (720) 398-6266. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Colorado Springs area, and they’ll contact you with a no-obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Our local providers in Colorado Springs are equipped to handle disposal jobs of any size, and they have the tools necessary to make the process fast and affordable. You’ll have the option of choosing between mail-back disposal services, scheduled pick-ups, and on-call pick-ups.
Get Free Quotes on Sharps Disposal Services in Colorado Springs
Contact us today. We will help you find the right company to dispose of your medical waste, and if you have sharps, they will provide the best containers to suit your needs.
What you need will depend on how often you need medical and hazardous waste disposal. To get started, fill out the form or give us a call at (720) 398-6266. We’ll get you free, customized, no-obligation quotes within minutes!