Atlanta Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal companies in Fulton County offer their services to any home or business that produces medical waste, regardless of what industry they are in. Hospitals, dentist, clinics and more can find a medical waste service that will suit their needs. Regulated waste includes anything below:
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Disposable suture sets
- Biopsy forceps
- Staples and wires (cardio-catheter wires)
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Surgical specimens
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Items saturated with blood or other potentially infectious matierals (OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- And more
Regulated waste requirements are mandated at the state and local levels, but OSHA has created standards for handling blood borne pathogens that apply and should be followed. Following these guidelines ensures the safety of employees, patients, and the environment.
As far as regulated medical waste is concerned, there are six separate categories:
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents
Also known as microbiological waste, this type of waste is generated from research or clinical laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents.
Human body parts, organs, tissues, and anatomical wastes.
Human Blood and Blood Products
Any blood or blood byproduct (serum, plasma, etc.) plus any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood, or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
If an item can pierce or prick the skin and has been used in a medical procedure (with humans or animals), medical research, or an industrial laboratory setting, it is considered a medical sharp and requires careful disposal.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding
Procedures where animals are intentionally exposed to pathogens during research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceutical testing produce regulated waste.
Any waste that has been potentially contaminated with a highly communicable disease is regulated waste. This waste is generated by patients or animals who have been isolated to prevent the spread of their infection.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Fulton County
Medical Waste Pros Atlanta will easily connect you to a local provider who offers several service options to meet the needs of any sized organization. We will get you customized quotes on services across Georgia.
Here’s how the process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (404) 736-6546. We will get information from you regarding the services you need.
- We contact our Atlanta partners, select the ones that can best meet your needs, and send them your information. Our partners then provide free quotes.
- You gather your quoted options, and choose the one that best fits your budget and service requirements.
Our network of medical waste disposal experts will get you set up with the right containers and overall waste management system that works best for your office. Get free quotes today.
Get Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
Regulated medical waste should be treated properly to protect the environment and keep workers and the general public safe. The best way to ensure you are managing your waste according to all current laws is to use the help of a professional. Our partners have the tools and knowledge to get you on the right track.
Call us today at (404) 736-6546 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes on regulated medical waste disposal services across Atlanta.