San Jose Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Medical Waste Pros San Jose can provide you with companies in San Jose who offer secure regulate waste disposal for medical practices, clinics, hospitals, and more. Some common, regulated waste materials include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
To ensure the personal safety of your employees, patients, and customers in San Jose, you must follow the regulated waste requirements mandated at the state level and properly dispose of this waste based on OSHA regulations.
Regulated medical waste can be broken down into 6 main categories:
Cultures and stocks of infectious agents: This type of waste could include specimens from medical and pathology laboratories, culture dishes, devices used to transfer, inoculate, and mix, or discarded live and attenuated vaccines.
Isolation waste: Isolation wastes are any type of waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease.
Pathological waste: Pathological waste includes all human anatomical wastes, tissues, organs, or body parts that are intended to be disposed of, regardless of what medical procedure was performed.
Contaminated sharps: Sharps waste includes any item that can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents that can easily penetrate the skin, puncture waste bags and cardboard boxes that were used in medical, research or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Human blood and blood Products: This category includes any type of blood disposal (including serum, plasma and other components) and human body fluids, including with any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts and bedding: From animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in San Jose
Medical Waste Pros San Jose can connect you with an affordable and reputable medical waste management company that can get you set up with ongoing, one-time, or mailback disposal services anywhere in California.
Our local providers customize their quote to get you the right system that fits your needs.
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (408)-728-6169. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Cleveland Area, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
There are severe regulatory fines and along with serious medical dangers to disposing of regulated medical waste improperly. To keep in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and prevent the spread of infectious diseases, you need to ensure that you select a medical waste disposal company that can help you dispose of your regulated medical waste safely and securely.
Medical Waste Pros San Jose has a network of professionals that will help you select the containers and set you up with a system that works best for your organization. To get free quotes on regulated waste disposal, call us today at (408)-728-6169 or fill out the form to the right!