San Francisco Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Our San Francisco partners dispose of regulated medical waste for hospitals, dentists, veterinarians, tattoo parlors and more. Regulated waste is a blanket term that covers a wide range of items, and these items require special treatment. Here are some common regulated waste items that every business should be certain to dispose of properly:
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Items saturated with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Staples and wires (cardio-catheter wires)
- Broken glass
- Needles and syringes
- Scalpel blades and lancets
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- And more
Regulated waste laws are enforced at the state and local levels, so check in with local authorities for the most accurate disposal rules. OSHA has also created guidelines for handling blood borne pathogens that should be followed in every workplace to decrease accidents through increased awareness.
There are six different categories of regulated waste to be aware of:
Contaminated Sharps – Sharps include anything that can prick the skin and induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. There are specific containers designed to mitigate the risks associated with contaminated sharps.
Pathological Waste – Biological waste such as human tissues, organs, body parts, and anatomical wastes.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – Microbiological waste or waste generated during clinical or research laboratory procedures that involved communicable infectious agents.
Isolation Wastes – Waste that has possibly been contaminated with a highly communicable disease, usually originating from a human or animal who has been isolated to prevent the spread of their disease.
Human Blood and Blood Products – Blood including blood byproducts such as plasma and serum, plus any bodily fluids that are contaminated with blood or fluids where it’s difficult to determine if it is contaminated with blood.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Bedding, and Body Parts – Waste from animals that have been intentionally exposed to pathogens during research, in vivo pharmaceuticals testing, or biologicals production.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in San Francisco
Medical Waste Pros San Francisco has a network of San Francisco based medical waste disposal companies who are competing for your business. With services ranging from mailback kits to ongoing scheduled services, you are sure to find a solution that works for you. To get matched with a suitable provider just give us a call!
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (415) 513-1055. We will inquire about the type of service you are looking for.
- We contact our local contractors who are qualified to handle your job, and they will write up quotes for free based on the services you need.
- You look through several quoted options and select the one that works best for your organization.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in California
Improper medical waste disposal can result in severe consequences, including steep fines. When it comes to medical waste disposal it is better to be safe than sorry, and partnering with a service provider will reduce your liability and help protect the environment and your community. Contact us for free, no-obligation quotes to make the entire process easier.
Our professionals are equipped to handle any medical waste job and will help get your company on the right track. Call us at (415) 513-1055 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes on services near your CA business today.