Sharps Containers and Disposal in San Antonio
In the medical field, sharps can be defined as anything with a point of contact that can cut, puncture, or prick, or penetrate the skin, waste bags, or other storage units. While medical sharps are necessary for patient and animal care, they can also cause harm and are considered biohazardous when stored or disposed of improperly.
Once used, proper medical protocol states that all medical sharps be disposed of properly in adequate containment so as not to spread infectious agents such as Hepatitis-B (HBV), Hepatitis-C (HCV), and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Listed below are some examples of commonly used medical sharps that require proper disposal:
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Hypodermic needles
- Scalpel needles
- Syringes with or without needles
- Razor blades
- Culture dishes and slides
- Broken glass from laboratory including slides, slide covers, etc.
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice, or pierce
Secure, Reputable Sharps Disposal in San Antonio
The dangers of improper sharps storage and disposal are spread from the user to those who may encounter them in the future. Without adequate disposal, sharps can end up affecting housekeepers, janitors, sanitation works, and even children.
To protect yourself and others from being exposed to used sharps, use containers with an impenetrable barrier to store and dispose of them. Medical Waste Pros San Antonio can make the process much easier by finding a medical waste disposal service to handle the mess for you while helping to keep your business compliant with local and federal regulations.
Choosing the Right Sharps Disposal Container in San Antonio
Sharps disposal containers come in two varieties:
- Single Use Sharps Containers – containers designed for a one time use and once they are containing medical waste, can be used for mailback programs or ongoing pickup services
- Reusable Sharps Containers – containers designed for reuse purposes. Typical reusable containers must be emptied and sterilized before reuse.
Approved sharps containers are made from a rigid plastic which can withstand the sharpness of needles and other medical sharps waste. These containers also have an indicator which communicates when the container is full. Medical Waste Pros San Antonio can help you dispose of your medical waste sharps in the safest and most convenient fashion through our network of qualified contractors. Use the form on the right to receive a free quote that suits your needs.
How Our Process in San Antonio Works:
If you would like to safely and conveniently dispose of your medical waste, our local providers in San Antonio can find the right service to accommodate your needs. Here’s how our process works:
- First, fill out the form on the right or give us a call at (210) 460-6609 to be connected with a local provider within minutes, free of charge.
- Once we receive your information, we’ll screen our network of providers in the San Antonio area to find the one that is best for you. They will contact you with a free, no obligation quote.
- Once you have received your quotes from the service providers, you can choose which service you feel will be the best fit.
Get Your Free, No-Obligation Quotes on Sharps Containers and Sharps Disposal Services
Don’t let the hassle and safety concerns of proper medical sharps disposal become a problem in your home or business. Medical Waste Pros San Antonio can connect you with the perfect service for all your needs. We cover all industries, including:
- Tattoo Artists
- Piercing Artists
- Office buildings
- Residential, and more
Whether you need a mailback system or regularly scheduled pickups, Medical Waste Pros San Antonio is the reliable source to find fast, safe, and convenient medical waste service providers. Call us today at (210) 460-6609 or fill out the form on the right to get your free quotes in minutes!