Portland Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal companies in Portland offer secure regulated waste disposal for medical practices, clinics, hospitals and more. There are several things that are categorically defined as regulated waste, including:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
Virtually all regulated waste requirements are mandated at the state level, and should be handled, managed, and disposed of properly based on OSHA regulations, Oregon state mandates, and to ensure the personal safety of your employees, patients, and customers in Portland.
Six different types of medical waste are defined as Regulated medical waste:
Pathological waste– Human anatomical wastes, tissues, organs, or body parts that regardless of what medical procedure was performed.
Human blood and blood Products- Any type of blood disposal (including serum, plasma and other components) and any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents- Also known as microbiological waste, this type of waste generally originates from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious agents.
Contaminated Sharps- Sharps medical waste includes any item that can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents that can easily penetrate the skin, puncture waste bags and cardboard boxes that was used in medical, research or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Isolation waste– Isolation wastes are any type of waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. It’s usually generated by hospitalized patients or animals isolated to protect others from communicable disease.
Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts and bedding– From animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Portland
Medical Waste Pros Portland can connect you with a reputable Medical Waste Disposal company that can provide ongoing, one-time, or mail back medical waste disposal services anywhere in Oregon.
Our local providers customize their quote to get you into the right system for your specific needs. Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (503) 894-5143. We’ll connect you with a local provider at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers in the Portland Area, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes for your customized service, and choose the provider that fits the services and frequency that you require.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
There are severe regulatory fines and serious medical dangers to disposing of regulated medical waste improperly. To prevent the spread of infectious diseases and keep in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, you need to ensure that you select a medical waste disposal company that can help you dispose of your regulated medical waste safely and securely.
Our network of professionals will help you select the containers, schedule, and system that works best for your organization. To get free quotes on regulated waste disposal, fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (503) 894-5143.