Cincinnati Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated medical waste must be handled separately and with more care than normal waste. Medical Waste Pros Cincinnati has an extensive network of local professionals who are experienced in this field. Some common regulated medical waste materials are:
- Items saturated with blood or OPIM (Other Potentially Infectious Materials)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
All medical waste must be handled in compliance with OSHA regulations, Ohio, and Cincinnati mandates to ensure the safety of your employees and patients.
There are six different categories of regulated medical waste:
Human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents
Also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding
Waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products
Any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Cincinnati
Medical Waste Pros Cincinnati can find a reputable, regulated waste contractors with service options including one-time mailback or ongoing medical waste disposal services in the Cincinnati region.
Our local providers customize their services and quotes to match your organization’s specific needs. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the form on the right or give us a call at (513) 898-1332 to be connected with a local provider for free
- Once our local contractors have information on your project, they will contact you with a free quote tailored to your requirements
- Gather and assess the quotes you receive from different local service providers and pick the best one for you.
Get Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Cincinnati
With so many regulations and mandates to constantly be aware of when disposing of regulated medical waste, it can be very difficult to handle the management yourself. Prevent the spread of infectious disease to those around you and stay on top of all regulatory mandates in your area by choosing a medical waste disposal service to take care of the hassle for you.
Give us a call at (513) 898-1332 or fill out the form on the right to be connected to local professionals with the experience and knowledge of managing your regulated medical waste in just minutes.