Boston Medical Waste Disposal
Medical waste disposal companies across Massachusetts offer regulated waste disposal services to dentists, veterinarians, pharmacies, and more. Regulated waste is a general term and contain the following:
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Staples and wires (cardio-catheter wires)
- Needles and syringes
- Scalpel blades and lancets
- Items saturated with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPTIM
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Disposal suture sets and biopsy forceps
- And more
Regulated waste disposal practices are mandated at the state and local levels, but OSHA has created guidelines that should be followed anytime an employee is handling potentially infectious materials. Safety should be the top priority.
There are six separate categories that regulated medical waste can be split into:
Human tissues, organs, anatomical wastes, and body parts. This type of waste is biohazardous.
Culture and Stocks of Infectious Agents
In research or clinical laboratories, procedures where communicable infectious agents are present produce microbiological waste, which is a type of regulated waste.
Human Blood and Blood Products
This includes any type of blood (including serum, plasma, etc.) and any bodily fluids that are visibly contaminated with blood, or where it’s difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
When patients or animals are isolated to prevent the spread of their highly communicable disease, any waste that is produced falls under regulated medical waste.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding
Waste produced during research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing, where animals are intentionally exposed to pathogens.
Any item that can pierce or prick the skin and cause subdermal inoculation of infectious agents is considered a sharp, and when it has been used in a medical procedure it becomes contaminated and falls under regulated medical waste.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Boston
In Boston, medical waste disposal companies offer flexible services at affordable rates. Whether you need a one-time pickup, ongoing services, or a mailback return kit, you will be able to find a solution for your business. The companies we partner with will give you customized quotes before you commit to a contract. Here how it works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (617) 830-1188. We will gather information regarding the services your business requires.
- Our local contractors write up customized quotes based on your needs.
- You look through several quoted options and select the one that best fits your budget and service requirements.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
There are several reasons to use a qualified medical waste disposal service. Safety and compliance with federal and local laws are two of the main benefits, and service providers offer huge advantages in those areas.
If your business is located anywhere in Boston or Massachusetts, Medical Waste Pros Boston can help you find a service provider that will create a customized plan for your unique situation. Call us today at (617) 830-1188 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes. We are happy to answer any questions you have.