Proper Medical Waste Disposal Techniques in Las Vegas
Proper Medical Waste Disposal
Managing medical waste disposal can be difficult in any workplace. The serious implications that can follow an infraction is a good reason to hire a local contractor to do the work for you.
To make sure your organization is handling medical waste disposal properly, here are some general rules of thumb to protect yourself, your community, and your organization:
- Don’t move medical waste to a different location – If your facility relocates anywhere in Portland (even across the street), don’t take your medical waste with you. Schedule a pickup by a permitted medical waste hauler receives your waste for transport.
- Don’t place alcohol, aerosols, or any other chemicals into medical waste – Certain chemicals and different types of medical waste are classified as hazardous. Make sure to obtain expert guidance on disposal of any chemicals you may have collected, no matter how small the volume from a waste disposal expert in Portland.
- Don’t discard pharmaceuticals in any other type of medical waste – Pharmaceuticals should be disposed in specific, designed containers. Since many pharmaceuticals don’t degrade over time, there are specific regulations that dictate how these pharmaceuticals should be disposed of properly.
- Don’t leave any medical waste container open or a full waste container unsealed – Full waste containers can topple and spill their potentially infectious content. Be sure that all medical waste is not only disposed of, but also completely sealed to prevent exposure.
- Don’t ignore required training for handling medical waste – The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires documented training on blood borne pathogens for anyone who may be at risk of exposure to disease-causing germs present in medical waste every year. Lack in training causes unnecessary exposure that could put your entire facility at risk.
Medical Waste Pros Las Vegas can help you dispose of medical waste properly so that you are in accordance with government regulations on the federal, state, and local levels.
Local providers are educated and experienced in which items related to medical issues can be thrown out and which items need to be disposed of properly.
Find a disposal expert in Las Vegas today, give us a call at (702) 749-4053.
How Can I Dispose of Medical Waste in Las Vegas?
Remember to always avoid flushing any medical waste down the toilet. Doing so can be extremely dangerous to the surround community who may come into contact with the medical waste or any contaminated materials resulting from the medical waste.
There are several options when you want to dispose of and manage your medical waste in Las Vegas:
Regularly Scheduled Medical Waste Disposal
If your home or business accumulates a significant amount of medical waste, our local services provide a medical waste disposal management system that can be scheduled for pickups at appropriate frequencies.
Our providers always provide secure and tracked pickups with available detailed manifests and a certificate of destruction for your records.
MailBack/Shipping and Return Kits
The mailback system includes the components required to package and mailback your medical waste to be disposed of at a secure facility.
Mailback disposal systems are great for smaller quantities of sharps, soft medical waste, amalgam, mercury, and virtually any other type of medical waste.
On-Call Medical Waste Management Services
If your facility needs an emergency on-call service or irregularly scheduled pickups for medical waste, Medical Waste Pros Las Vegas can provide you with on-call medical waste management services from local contractors in your area.
Just like our regularly scheduled medical waste disposal, our on-call medical waste service will come to your location and pickup and medical waste to be disposed of properly and securely.
All of our medical waste management services are designed to handle whatever comes your facility’s way. Get free quotes today!
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Medical Waste Disposal Services in Las Vegas Today
Leave the medical waste disposal up to the experts! Medical Waste Pros Las Vegas can help find the best quotes from local contractors in your area to do the dirty work safely and affordably. To get started, call us at (702) 749-4053 or fill out the form on the right. You will receive free quotes from professionals in your area just in minutes!