Las Vegas Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated medical waste is mandated at the state level and must be handled and managed according to OSHA regulations. Medical Waste Pros Las Vegas offers services designed to safely and securely dispose of all regulated medical waste, including:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
There are six types of medical waste that are defined as regulated medical waste:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Las Vegas
Medical Waste Pros Las Vegas connects you with reliable medical waste disposal companies that can offer ongoing, one-time, or mailback waste disposal services in the Las Vegas area.
Local providers are ready to offer their reputable services that cater to your organization’s specific needs. Here’s how the process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (702) 749-4053. Within minutes we will connect you with a local provider for free.
- Once our local contractors have information on your project, they will construct a free quote for designed for your specific job.
- You gather your quoted options and choose the service provider that best fits your project and budget needs.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Las Vegas Today
Due to all the regulatory fines and serious medical dangers that come with improper disposal of regulated medical waste, you will want to leave the job up to qualified professionals. Choose a medical waste company that can safely and securely dispose of your organization’s medical waste.
Call us today at (702) 749-4053 or fill out the form on the right to be connected with our large network of professionals in your local area. You will receive free, no obligation quotes in just minutes!