Austin Medical Waste Disposal
Medical Waste Pros Austin has a network of companies in Texas that specialize in the transport and removal of regulated waste for medical practices, clinics, hospitals and more. Regulated medical waste needs to be handled differently than any other type of medical waste so it is important to know what items to look for when disposing of this type of waste.
Some common, regulated waste materials include:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Broken glass
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Staples, wires (Cardio-catheter wires) and more
Each of these items is required to follow strict waste disposal guidelines mandated at the state level, and should be handled, managed, and disposed of properly based on OHSA regulations. The state of Texas enforces these requirements to ensure the personal safety of your employees, patients, and the general community.
Regulated medical waste can be broken down into 6 main categories:
Human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents
Also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically, it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding
Waste from in vitro pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products
Any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Austin
Medical Waste Pros Austin can connect you with a reputable regulated waste service provider that can provide one-time, mail back, or ongoing medical waste disposal services anywhere in Texas. Our local providers will customize their quote to get you into the right system for your specific needs.
Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (512)-354-4320. We’ll connect you with a local provider in Austin at no charge to you in minutes.
- Once you contact us, we’ll provide your request to the providers that service your medical waste needs, and they’ll contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- Gather the quotes provided for your customized service and choose the contractor that best fits the services and frequency you require.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
There are severe regulatory fines and serious medical dangers for improper disposal of regulated medical waste. Get connected with a medical waste disposal company to keep your community safe and prevent the spread of infectious diseases by keeping in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Our network of professionals will help you choose the proper containers, the right pick-up schedule, and the best overall system for your medical waste disposal needs. To get free quotes on regulated medical waste disposal, fill out the form to the right, or give us a call at (512)-354-4320.