Sharps Disposal and Containers in Portland
Medical sharps can be defined as any item that can prick, slice, puncture, or penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes. These penetrations w
ould be a threat to potentially spread infectious agents including Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, and Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
What Items Are Classified as Sharps?
Due to the risk of spreading infectious agents through used medical sharps, it is vital that they are stored and disposed of in proper containers. Below are examples of some commonly used medical sharps:
- Suture needles
- Acupuncture needles
- Culture dishes and slides
- Hypodermic needles
- Syringes with and without needles
- Scalpel blades
- Razor blades
- Trauma scene waste that can cut, slice or pierce
- Broken glass from the laboratory including slides and slide covers and more
Medical Waste Pros Orlando can help you find a reputable service provider with the proper knowledge and experience to dispose of medical sharps safely. From mailback systems to disposal jobs of any size, the professional contractors can cover all your location’s requirements. Get your free quotes today!
Secure and Reputable Sharps Disposal in Portland
Improper disposal of medical Sharps can pose a serious risk not only to yourself, but to the community around you. Easily avoid this nuance by hiring a reputable, service provider to do the dirty work for you.
Sharps are not safe to throw out with regular trash or to flush down the toilet. Specially designed Sharps containers are the only safe way to dispose of medical Sharps that also comply with Orlando and federal laws.
Choosing the Right Sharps Disposal Container in Orlando
An adequately designed Sharps container will keep employees and patients safe from the dangers of spreading diseases. They are usually made from a tough plastic with a clear indication line of when the container is full.
Sharps containers come in two varieties:
- Reusable Sharps Containers – these containers can be reused after emptying and sterilization, mostly used for transporting and storing Sharps
- Single Use Sharps Containers – these containers are a one-time use only, mostly used for mailback and scheduled pickup services
Medical Sharps disposal is regulated at the county and local levels as well as certain state laws. Medical Waste Pros Orlando can make the hassle of keeping up with regulations much simpler by doing the work for you. Fill out the form on the right to be connected with several Orlando providers to find the best match for you.
How Our Process in Orlando Works
Medical Waste Pros Orlando makes finding the best, local service provider that meets your requirements very easy. Here’s how the process works:
- Fill out the form on the right or give us a call at (407) 965-5096 to be connected with a local provider at no cost. You will receive a reply within minutes of your request.
- Providers in the Orlando area will contact you with a no obligation quote for your service.
- From your gathered quotes, choose the provider that you feel best fits your needs.
Get Free, No-Obligation Quotes on Sharps Containers and Sharps Disposal Services Today
Medical Waste Pros Orlando can connect you with local service providers to help set up your office with a mailback system or container pickup schedule. Our qualified contractors service every industry, including:
- Office buildings
- Tattoo parlors
- Piercing shops
- Residential, and more
Factors in choosing the correct service will include the volume of waste, types of waste, budget, and schedule. For free quotes, give us a call at (407) 965-5096 or fill out the form on the right.