Orlando Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated medical waste requirements are mandated at the state level, meaning they are subject to change and usually very stringent. Regulated waste in Orlando include:
- Items saturated with blood or OPIM (Other Potentially Infectious Materials)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
Regulated medical waste along with other types of infectious waste should be managed and disposed of according to OSHA mandates in order to keep patients, employees, and the community out of harm’s way.
There are six main categories of regulated medical waste:
Pathological Waste – human anatomical wastes, organs, tissues, or body parts.
Contaminated Sharps – waste that includes any item that can easily penetrate the skin, waste bags, or cardboard boxes, and can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. To qualify as medical, these items must have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Cultures and Stocks of Infectious Agents – also known as microbiological waste, it is typically generated from clinical or research laboratory procedures involving communicable infectious diseases.
Isolation Waste – waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease. Typically it’s created by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others because their disease is highly communicable.
Contaminated Animal Carcasses, Body Parts, and Bedding – waste from in vivo pharmaceutical testing, animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, or biologicals production.
Human Blood and Blood Products – any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Orlando
Medical Waste Pros Orlando can work to find you a qualified regulated waste service provider capable of one-time, mailback, or ongoing medical waste disposal services in the Orlando area.
Our local providers offer customized quotes so that you know what you will pay depending on the magnitude of your project. Here’s how our process works:
- Fill out the form on the right, or give us a call at (407) 965-5096. Within minutes you will be connected with a local service provider at no cost.
- Once our local contractors have information on your project, they will construct a free quote for your specific job.
- Gather your quoted options and choose the service provider that best fits your project and budget needs.
Get Your Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal in Orlando Today
Improper disposal of regulated medical waste can come with severe penalties. Prevent the spread of infectious diseases and ensure compliance with city and state regulations by choosing a medical waste disposal company instead.
Our professional network of will help you choose the proper containers, a flexible pickup schedule, and the best system for your medical disposal needs. Call us today at (407) 965-5096 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes and more information.