Minneapolis Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated medical waste is a general category containing several types of medical waste. It is usually regulated at the state and local levels, however OSHA has created guidelines for handling medical waste that should be followed whenever possible.
Here are the six major categories of regulated medical waste:
Pathological Waste – Biological wastes including human anatomical wastes, tissues, body parts, and organs.
Culture Stocks of Infectious Agents – Microbiological waste that is typically generated during clinical or research laboratory procedures dealing with communicable infectious agents.
Human Blood and Blood Products – Any blood products or components including serum and plasma, or any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood. This includes fluids where it might be difficult to differentiate between bodily fluids and blood.
Contaminated Sharps – Objects that can cut, slice, or prick the skin and induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents. Contaminated sharps have been used in medical, research, or industrial laboratory settings on either humans or animals.
Isolation Waste – Waste that has been potentially contaminated with a highly communicable disease. It is usually generated by hospitalized patients or animals that have been isolated to protect others from their highly communicable disease.
Contaminated Animal Bedding, Carcasses, or Body Parts – Waste from animals that have been intentionally exposed to pathogens during research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Medical waste disposal companies across Minneapolis work with hospitals, dentists, veterinarians and more to help dispose of regulated medical waste properly and keep offices safe. Here are some of the most common regulated waste items:
- Items saturated with blood or other potentially infectious materials (OPIM)
- Blood spill cleanup materials
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products, or OPIM
- Needles and syringes
- Scalpel blades and lancets
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Surgical specimens
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps
- Glass pipettes, slides, and tubes
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles, and devices
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in The Twin Cities
Medical Waste Pros Minneapolis can quickly connect you to our extensive network of reliable service providers. We work with only the best, and our partners provide flexible, affordable service options. To get free quotes, you’re only a few steps away. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the form on the right or call us at (612) 255-4845. We will gather information on the type of services you are looking for.
- Our Minneapolis contractors will write up personalized quotes based on the information you gave about what services you need.
- You receive several quotes on service options near you, and select the one that best fits your budget and service requirements.
Get Free, No Hassle Quotes on Regulated Waste Removal Services in Hennepin County
The consequences for not properly disposing of medical waste can be severe. You can lose a good reputation, cause harm to an employee, or be fined an exorbitant amount. Keep in compliance with all medical waste disposal laws and keep your community and environment safe by partnering with a qualified Minneapolis service provider.
For free quotes on services from dependable providers near you, call us at (612) 255-4845 or fill out the form on the right. Within minutes you will receive several FREE quotes.