Columbus Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
Regulated waste is a type of medical waste that has severe regulatory fines and serious medical dangers if handled improperly. Medical Waste Pros Columbus can take care of setting you up with a provider who specializes in the transport and removal of medical waste in clinics, hospitals, and more. Regulated waste includes:
- Items saturated with blood or Other Potentially Infectious Materials (or OPIM)
- Containers, catheters, or tubes containing blood, blood products or OPIM
- Surgical specimens
- Dialyzers and tubing
- Microbiology specimens, used culture plates, tubes, bottles and devices
- Blood spill clean-up materials
- Needles and syringes, scalpel blades, lancets
- Glass pipettes, slides and tubes
- Broken glass
- Staples and wires (Cardio-catheter wires)
- Disposable suture sets and biopsy forceps and more
There are six different types of medical waste that are usually regulated at the state level to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. All types of infectious waste should be handled, managed, and disposed of according to both OSHA and Ohio mandates to ensure the safety of your employees, patients, and the residents of Ohio. These six different kinds of regulated waste include:
Cultures and stocks of infectious agents: This type of waste could include specimens from medical and pathology laboratories, culture dishes, devices used to transfer, inoculate, and mix, or discarded live and attenuated vaccines.
Isolation waste: Isolation wastes are any type of waste that has potentially been contaminated with a highly communicable disease.
Pathological waste: Pathological waste includes all human anatomical wastes, tissues, organs, or body parts that are intended to be disposed, regardless of what medical procedure was performed.
Contaminated sharps: Sharps waste includes any item that can induce subdermal inoculation of infectious agents that can easily penetrate the skin, puncture waste bags and cardboard boxes that was used in medical, research or industrial laboratories on animals or humans.
Human blood and blood Products: This category includes any type of blood disposal (including serum, plasma and other components) and human body fluids, including with any bodily fluids that are visually contaminated with blood or fluids where it might be difficult or impossible to differentiate between body fluids and blood.
Contaminated animal carcasses, body parts and bedding: From animals intentionally exposed to pathogens in research, biologicals production, or in vivo pharmaceuticals testing.
Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Services in Columbus
Medical Waste Pros Columbus can connect you with one of our network of providers who can provide you with ongoing, one-time, or mail back medical waste disposal services in Franklin County.
Our local providers offer customized quotes so you can decide which one best fits your services as well as your budget. Here’s how our process works:
- Give us a call at (614)-569-0419 or fill out the form to the right. In minutes we will be able to connect you to local providers at no charge.
- After you contact us, we will provide your request to local providers who will construct a free quote designed for your specific project.
- After you have gone over the quotes for your customized service, choose the provider that best fits your needs and frequency you require.
Get Free, No Obligation Quotes on Regulated Medical Waste Disposal Today
With the serious medical dangers that result from improperly disposing of medical waste, it is important to stay on top of the medical waste disposal regulations. To keep in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, along with keeping your community safe from infectious diseases, contact Medical Waste Pros Columbus and work with us to schedule a system that works best for your needs.
Call us today at (614)-569-0419, or fill out the form to the right to get free quotes on regulated waste disposal today.