Proper Medical Waste Disposal in Charlotte
Medical waste needs to be handled differently than normal waste. It has the potential to infect and harm people, and needs to be properly contained and treated before final disposal.
To ensure your organization is handling medical waste responsibly, we have gathered a few tips to help any sized company strengthen their safety and compliance efforts:
- Don’t Transport Your Medical Waste – The Department of Transportation regulates who can transport medical waste because of its potential to infect people. If you transport your own waste and experience an accident, you will be 100% liable. Use a permitted hauler to stay safe.
- Don’t Mix Pharmaceuticals with Medical Waste – Pharmaceutical waste does not degrade over time and poses different types of threats to people and the environment than other types of medical waste. Keep expired medications in separate, labeled containers.
- Don’t Put Alcohol, Aerosols, or Other Chemicals in with Medical Waste – Some chemicals are classified as hazardous and need to be treated differently than other types of medical waste.
- Train Your Employees – Employee training on how to manage infectious waste will reduce accidents and keep everyone on the same page. OSHA has created extensive training courses on how to safely manage blood borne pathogens in the workplace.
- Secure Your Medical Waste Containers – Medical waste contaminates anything it touches. To keep people and other items safe from medical waste, keep it in secure, closable, labeled bins out of sight of patients.
Governments at both the state and federal levels have created rules on how to manage medical waste because of the damage it can do to the environment and communities. Ensure your business is working within the law and keeping your Charlotte neighborhood safe.
Medical Waste Pros Charlotte can connect you to our network of local Charlotte medical waste disposal companies. They provide flexible services, so no matter what your situation is, you will be able to find a medical waste removal system.
Call us today at (704) 461-1109 to get free quotes on services in your area.
How Can I Dispose of Medical Waste in Cleveland?
Proper medical disposal means you never flush your waste down the drain or throw it in a landfill. Service providers know how to properly manage waste and responsibly dispose of it. They do the dirty work for you!
To ensure you are complying with all laws and keeping your office as safe as possible, consider using a medical waste disposal services. You have several options:
If you are small waste generator, or if your business is located remotely, mailback kits may be just what you need. These kits come with everything you need: a container for your waste, a shipping container, a liner bag, a prepaid shipping label, and more.
You simply fill up the container with your waste, package it up, and mail it off to be disposed of. All types of medical waste can be mailed as long as the material is in the proper container. Sharps, liquid waste, mercury and more can be safely mailed as long you follow the instructions.
On-Call waste pickup services are convenient and affordable. If you have the capabilities to store you waste, most types of medical waste can be stored indefinitely. This can reduce the number of times you need your waste picked up, therefore reducing costs.
On-call services allow you to fill up your medical waste bins overtime, and when they are full, call on your service provider for pickup. With this service option, you get your waste picked up whenever you need.
If your organization produces waste quickly and consistently, regularly scheduled services will make waste disposal a cinch. Your service provider will help determine the best rate for pickups and design a pickup schedule for your company. They will give you the proper containers, and empty them automatically according to the schedule.
This service option is convenient and reliable. Once you set up your schedule, you never have to think about waste removal again.
If any of these services sound like fit for your business, or if you would like to learn more about other available service options in Charlotte, we can help. We can connect you to our extensive network of providers so you can find the disposal service that meets your needs.
Get Free Quotes on Medical Waste Disposal Services in Charlotte Today
Never be irresponsible with your medical waste—do everything in your power to protect your employees and patients. Our Charlotte providers will work with you to develop the best waste management system for your office. Whether you need the proper containers, biohazardous waste removal, or anything else, we are committed to helping you find the best solution.
Call us at (704) 461-1109 or fill out the form on the right for free quotes, or more information about our services. We look forward to helping keep your business clean and healthy.